"I’m not intuitive. I’m not that type."
"How can I trust my intuition?"
If you fall into one of those three, then this post is for you.
So what’s intuition? Intuition is a gut feeling or a natural knowing where you know how something is going to turn out before it happens. Some call it higher self, guardian angel, instinct or even god. Whatever you call it, we all have it.
So when you say you’re not that type, there’s no type.
We’re all intuitive. We all have gut feelings.
It’s just a matter of how much do we pay attention to it and how much do we trust our gut. We’ve been trained to switch off the the natural knowing we’re born with because we’re trained to be logical. We must be able to ‘work out’ or have scientific evidence in order for us to believe. After all seeing is believing, isn’t it? No.
The thing is intuition defies logic.
Even the most successful billionaires in the world use their intuition to make business decisions. Because it’s powerful and accurate.
The best part is, it’s free.
And the good news is, even if you feel that you’re not intuitive, it’s something you can train.
I use intuition to make decisions from small to big, personal to business, from insignificant to profound. I use intuition before I take on a new client. I use it when I coach my clients.
When you follow your intuition, you rarely go wrong because it’s the inner wisdom that we’re accessing.
So how do you know if you’re intuitive?
1. Go back to the past experiences where you had the knowings about certain things, events or people. May be you had a gut feeling that something wan’t right about the new business deal, the partner you chose was going to cause troubles in your life or you knew it the decision you’re about to make was the right one and it turned out to be just that.
As I said before, I use intuition all the time and it's become part of my daily practice. Now it’s not just the knowing but I have dreams as well. A couple of weeks ago, I woke up with a nightmare that someone I know was thinking of hurting herself. She’s on the other side of the world. I called her and my dream was right. Luckily I called her just in time to change her mind.
That brings me to my second point.
2. Have you ever had dreams that turned out to be right? Or here’s the fun part; have you ever learned something new in your dreams? I’ve had dreams where I meet new people in my dreams which seemed insignificant after I woke up, only to realise weeks later that I’d be doing some kind of business with them.
Keep a dream journal next to your bed if you can so you can start the practice of paying attention to your dreams. Dreams are the access to your subconscious. I also believe that dreams are not just dreams. When our busy mind rests, that’s when we’re able to access to a different realm, a different dimension where we can really manifest our wishes.
3. Do you feel like you need privacy or space on your own after you’ve mingled with a lot of people? That’s probably because when you’re intuitive, you’re tuning into your gut feeling and you’re basically tuning into the energy in the other people and the ether. That’s why you need to retreat and recoup.
That’s why I spend so much time in nature. Nature replenishes us and also help us get connected to our instinct more. That brings me to my next point.
How can you tap into your intuition?
There are a couple of things I do daily, now automatically, to continuously sharpen my intuition.
1. As I said earlier, spend lots of time in nature and under the sun. It’s the best medicine for us to feel more grounded, have clarity and calm.
2. Being calm means there’s less mental chatter. We feed a lot of bananas to the monkey in our head that doesn’t stop chattering. I meditate to mentally declutter. Yoga, gym or some kind of spiritual practice is good to clear your headspace so that you can really tap into your subconscious mind.
3. Paying attention to sudden bursts of knowing in your mind by writing them down is a good practice. I use Notes and Evernote in my iPhone to jot down my thoughts. It takes two seconds to do it. That’s a practice I recommend to my clients too; write down your thoughts and deep inner knowings even if they seem or sound insignificant. You’ll start to see a pattern of your thoughts.
So I want to leave you with this. Intuition isn’t just for ultra spiritual or woo-woo wanna-be people. It’s for everyone because we’re all intuitive. It will help you with life, romantic relationships, business deals and ultimately making all big decisions in your life.
What's your experience with your intuition?
If you want to learn more about how to tap into your intuition and get a deeper connection with yourself, Be Charged.Life might be what you're looking for.